I just had a discussion in my cell group about Luke 14:15-24 regarding on the parable of the great feast, and I felt so compelled to share about this! Haha.
This parable really catches my attention because this chapter in the Bible talks about how people, not only Christians reject God even though all of us are given tonnes and tonnes of opportunities to recognize him as our one and only Lord. Not to mention, some of us who despite already believe in the existence of God, still refuse to serve God although he or she has countless opportunities to do so.
The most eye-catching section of this parable is the fact that it relates to how Christians live. Most of us fall into 2 categories, one is being from a non-believer to believer, and the other one is growing up in a Christian family. Few of my friends who grew up in Christian families shared that at times, they tend to be carried away at times as they already were inducted to the Christianity teachings since they were born, thus not experiencing the so-called "feast" as described in the parable. In contrast, Christians like me who did not grow up in a Christian family, may have felt more of the "feast" as given by the Lord, as they fully experience the blessings accepted which change them.
What do you think?
Certainly, I can say I was fortunate to acknowledge about the righteousness of the Lord during the hardest times of my life. God truly has His arrangements for all of us, let alone allowing ALL of us to believe that, He rightfully is the only God we turn to everytime. But, having said that, I myself had rejected opportunities to serve Him at times, when I DID have the opportunities. That is why I vow to serve Him whenever possible.
And I hope my dear friends, all of you would to.
According to this parable, God "invited" every single one in this world to His kingdom, no matter from what backgrounds we originate from. Unfortunately, selfishness, ignorance and doubtfulness kick in, which acts like a barrier between God and us. Not to criticize free-thinkers, but how would we live without the blessings of God?
Time is running out, and as a child of God myself, I really hope I can spread good words of Him to anyone I know, as everyone of us deserves a chance to know the Lord better. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment