Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dare To Dream Once More

This time, the dream is MUCH bigger. =D

The Finals presentation will be on May 13 (damn not a very nice date) at Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club (a bit unfitting also I guess lol) with 4 other finalists. Before that we were asked to attend a workshop yesterday at their HSBC building regarding on how to improve our presentation skills.

It was nearly ruined by the fact that UniSA did not approve us when we requested for a delay of our stupid MA test as it fell on the same day. 15% okay, don't pray pray. But thankfully it was resolved in the end, and Pretib, Boey and I were able to enjoy the workshop.

I suppose they enjoyed also lol.

So we agreed to meet at the place whereby Allah assembles his holy desciples (Masjid Jamek) at around 7.30 am as the LRT station was nearby the building, and we never wanted to be late. As usual, The Boey with his favourite Polo-T was late again as he reached at 7.45 am. XD HAHAHA.

As I reached there, I was greeted by the horribly-polluted Klang River just beneath Masjid Jamek. I suddenly felt shameful being a Malaysian. =S



So as expected we are the first team to reach, and we waited for a good 20 minutes for all the participants to come. Speaking of true entrepreneurship, HOW COULD YOU BE LATE? =P



After getting to know the contestants, which consist of MMU, Monash and TARC, the workshop kicked off with the head judge of the previous round giving us notable tips on how to polish up our business plan and which area to improve on. It took almost an hour as he explained rather in detailed to every single group present in the workshop.



Later on all of us are asked to introduce ourselves by telling what's unique inside us, and that's when I discovered that among us contestants, two of them, in the same group are winner and runner-up of some national public-speaking competition, and by now shivers are running down my spine already.



Chill lar not so exaggerating hahahaha. But I'll be lying if I said I was not intimidated. =P

So when it was my turn to tell about my uniqueness, rather expectedly I told about my passion for football. Everyone was laughing when I said I wear my favourite MU jersey when I see MU playing in a match. Hey no flukes okay I really do that lol. After that during the talk on how to differentiate facial expressions, somehow Pretib mentioned something about presenting with not the right mood, and somehow he and I were asked out to demonstrate that. LOL.

So what we were asked to demonstrate was to say the word "nasi lemak" and "teh tarik" but in different expressions. I demo-ed the sad one, but Pretib demo-ed an esthatic one. Swt moment lol.

Just imagine someone screaming esthatically "nasi lemak" and teh tarik out in the streets suddenly, you would think we are mad lol.

Then came the most ridiculous moment of staring your partner in the eyes for a good 1 minute to practice eye-contact. You would think it's so easy, but trust me, you won't want to be in that situation. =S Worse still I had to do this to a female reporter OKAY! Staring a guy is possible, but staring any females, wow I feel shyyyyyyyyyyyy. =P I looked away so many times, how embarassing lol.

So then during the lunch break there was interaction between all of us, and we shared tonnes of things, and it followed by the MOST interesting section of all, our own presentation.

So as expected, my group presented about football, and all of them were like "oh football again". HAHAHA. But when Eric, the public-speaking winner presented, he blew us all away. No phrase is better in describing him. And the worst thing was, our presentation was recorded with a recorder.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Soon the break was on when we started sharing about football, one female participant came rushing in when the guys are talking bout Liverpool, and rather surprisingly enough, she's a big fan of Fernando Torres.

Sei lor, another one. Claryn must be cursing that someone shared her so-called hubby. Girls nowadays............................ Who are you both to share? LOL.

But surprisingly enough, the girl, with the name of Elizabeth can blah a lot of things about football. Not bad!

Then we proceeded to commenting on our own as well as each other's presentation skills as we watched ourselves on television. I did not even bother looking when they showed my part. XD Our group's main problem was coordination of presenting the slides among us members, and came the hillarious moment when Boey and Pretib blamed the team members for not helping to click on the slides when we were presenting.

WHAT THE HELL WEH? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What's even funnier was that others saw Boey relaxing in front of the laptop when Pretib and I was busy clicking on the slides. Lol. They commented that we are not committed to each other LMAO.

But I was rather happy that the chief presenter commented that I was passionate when I presented. =D

So it all ended and all of us wished good luck to each other before leaving. More to come, and now, Hong Kong is the main target now. =D

1 comment:

D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.