SINGAPORE (AFP) - Stressed-out Singapore named its happiest person on Thursday at a conference that aimed to make people in the city-state feel better.
Such irony isn't it?! We all know too well that Singapore is perhaps one of the most (if not most) kia-su countries in the world, and whoever who can't take any forms of pressure, your better choice is staying in Malaysia. Lol.
Actually Malaysia has plenty of stressful lifestyle also lar. Ain't that bad of course.
The news continues as follows:
Andy Goh, 35, the manager of a local engineering company, was named "Singapore's Happiest Person".
His secret?
"A lot of times, happiness is not just money and stuff, so you've got to count your blessings: health, family, friends, helping other people," Goh said after receiving 200 dollars (148 US) and a trip to the Thai resort island of Phuket.
Introducing you Andy Goh, Winner of the Happiest Person in Singapore award.
The reason of him winning this competition is simply because he knows what are the most important things in life to him: health, family, friends and charity instead of the I-must-be-better-than-you kind of lifestyle.
"Look not too far, as it's probably already close to you," the happiest man advised, referring to happiness.
Actually this news came into my mind after today's visitation to the Career Fair in college, and at this point, I really hoped to get myself into some established companies or accounting firms for internship. Until I hear the requirements to enter PWC, I was bit depressed.
"Minimum requirements are your results, with an average of High Distinction."
That's when I felt that all these years, I might have asked too much of myself to achieve results which are beyond my reach. After what happened to my family few years ago, it was understandable that the whole family was scarred, and I have been telling myself whenever there's a chance, I want to make my parents feel proud so that at least they could forget the past.
That's when Claryn's advice rang clearly in my ears that in life, we must be contented as God has given us so many things which others may crave hard to get. Instead of pursuing for things which defeat the purpose of life, why don't we appreciate what we have around us now?
Thanks for the piece of advice. She has been much nicer to me this year I wonder why. =P haha. Sincerely, thanks =D
So be happy! By doing so, let's go back to the picture of Andy above.
He still looks stressed to me when he smiles. Chehhhhh
I can do better.
.jpg)
Where's the award for Malaysia's Happiest Person?
Andy, you found your competitor. LOL. =P


2 comments:
RONNIE CC HOONG...ur such a POSER! CAMWHORE-ER... =p Ur far from Andy la wei... =P...go to sleep earlier ok.. LOLZ
speechless lor!
Post a Comment